Graduate Certificate in AI Foundations for Product Innovation
An online graduate-level program in AI & Machine Learning designed for working professionals
Advances in artificial intelligence are already changing the way business works—including product innovation and development processes.
Be part of this revolution through Duke’s online Graduate Certificate in AI Foundations for Product Innovation. The certificate is a standalone, credit-bearing non-degree offering aimed at professionals who want to keep working and keep learning.
Gain valuable skills in applying machine learning and artificial intelligence to build or enhance products in your industry. Apply your new knowledge at work or position yourself for new opportunities in one of the hottest fields.
The certificate can be completed in 4 semesters—without the commitment required of a traditional degree program.
Who Should Apply
- Those eager to gain new skills related to AI and Machine Learning
- Professionals looking to learn new, relevant skills while still working
- Those with at least a bachelor's degree in engineering or science—and at least a semester's experience in computer programming
What You’ll Learn
A great education! You'll develop a strong grasp of AI and Machine Learning fundamentals—as well as the business, policy, and ethical considerations of implementing them.
Also, as a Duke online student you will:
- Experience online courses taught by expert Duke faculty and industry practitioners
- Build a portfolio of real-world, hands-on projects
- Receive individualized course advising
- Be engaged with outstanding peers around the world and with our faculty
- Be invited to attend an optional on-campus workshop and reception
- Earn credits toward a Master of Engineering in AI for Product Innovation, if you decide to continue learning at Duke
[Quote or fact related to the industry need for engineers or scientists who know and understand how AI can be applied to product development]
Click for course description
510: Sourcing Data for Analytics
520: Modeling Process & Algorithms
530: Applying AI in Practice
540: Building Products Using Deep Learning
The online courses are taught by Duke faculty members with industry experience—and who teach these same courses in classrooms on the Duke campus.
Program Director and Executive in Residence
A former technology executive who was responsible for launching predictive analytics products on which over half of major US electric utilities and global airlines depend.
Twenty-eight years of experience in technical leadership roles at Cisco Systems and AT&T Labs. Winner of Cisco’s highest technical recognition.
Data & Analytics Faculty
Founder and CEO of a series of venture-backed technology companies before joining the Duke faculty.
Certificate Program Details
The program is open to qualified applicants worldwide.
In general, applicants should:
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- Have at least one semester's experience in programming in any language, Python preferred
- Expect to provide a statement of purpose, resume, letters of recommendation, and to participate in an admissions interview
Tuition is paid per course. A limited number of scholarships are available, covering 20 percent of tuition expenses.
Click below to contact our admissions team for more information. We look forward to hearing from you!