AI Foundations for Product Innovation Graduate Certificate
A 4-course online program in AI and Machine Learning designed for working professionals
Those who have knowledge of AI and machine learning have an advantage. Earn this Duke standalone, credit-bearing, non-degree offering in 15 months by completing:
- A Python and data science math pre-program boot camp
- Four (4) technical core courses in AI and machine learning
Extensive programming experience is not required.
Learn online, and pay tuition per course, without the commitment of a traditional degree program. A limited number of merit-based scholarships are available—All applicants are automatically considered.
Students who enroll and complete the certificate will have the option to subsequently apply for the online Duke AI for Product Innovation Master of Engineering.
- Watch a video overview of the program
- Join our mailing list
Certificate courses are taught by the same faculty that teaches in our Master of Engineering degree program.
|Fall 2||AIPI 530: AI in Practice|
Students who complete the certificate earn credits they can apply toward the online Duke AI for Product Innovation Master of Engineering degree.
Certificate Program Details
Admissions Policies and Practices
This certificate program is open to all qualified applicants worldwide. Applications are accepted for the certificate program for the fall semester only.
Admission to the AI Foundations for Product Innovation graduate certificate program requires the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or science from an accredited institution (transcripts required, including an estimated GPA and a grade scale)
- Statement of purpose
- Two recommendations
- English Language Testing (TOEFL or IELTS): official results required—international applicants only
- Video introduction
For students joining the certificate program in the 2021-22 academic year, a limited number of merit-based scholarships are available which cover 20 percent of tuition expenses.
All applicants to the program will be automatically considered for the available scholarships.
The amounts shown below include costs for the entire program, assuming normal time to completion. There may be additional costs for living expenses. Note that this information is subject to change:
|Tuition||$7,265 per 3-credit class, and a total of $29,460 for the certificate **|
|Transcript Fee||$120 **|
** Duke may change its tuition for each academic year and this estimate is based on current academic year tuition charges.
Applying the Certificate to the Master of Engineering
Students who enroll and successfully complete the certificate requirements will have the option to subsequently apply for the online Duke AI for Product Innovation Master of Engineering within four years, and use their certificate courses (12.0 course credits) toward the degree (30.0 course credits), as long as they earn a grade of B or better in each class.
Certificate holders who apply to the online Duke AI for Product Innovation Master of Engineering program will additionally be required to provide GRE scores.
Applicants who are accepted will then need to complete the remaining requirements for the degree: typically, four electives, two Master of Engineering management core courses, and the required on-campus residencies in Durham, NC.
This is not an offer of preferential admission, and there is no guarantee of admission.
Not Eligible for VA Benefits or Federal Student Aid
This standalone online certificate program is not yet eligible for VA benefits or federal student aid. Please check back for updates.
Important Note for International Applicants
Please Note: This standalone online certificate program does NOT qualify students for U.S. visa sponsorship.
Gainful Employment Disclosures*
- Typically 15 months (1 course per semester, including summer)
- Information about average student debt, monthly debt expense and debt interest rate have been withheld since fewer than 10 students have completed this program
Job Placement Rates
- We are not currently required to calculate a job placement rate for program completers
- Program graduates are employed in the following fields:
- Information Technology
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics
- The program does not meet any licensing requirements
- Additional Information: Date Created 3/15/2021
* These disclosures are required by the U.S. Department of Education
Join Our Mailing list
Receive information about this Duke Engineering graduate certificate program and related online recruitment events: